King Shahryār has similar looks to Eggman (such as his shoes, glasses, and gloves) but has Arabian-clothing. He has a black pirate-esque hat with a red feather on top, and dark-purple robes with yellow lines and red jewels on it. He has a red towel on his bottom torso, black shoes, and a gold sword (with red and black lines on the blade). His height is 185 cm. (6 ft. 1 in.), weight is 128 kg. (282 lbs.)
- Eggman Robotnik (original counterpart)
Abilities and PowersEdit
Upon first meeting Shahryār–and noting the King's resemblance to thier great nemesis–Sonic and Tom were naturally suspicious of the obese sultan, and seems apprehensive in trusting him. However, as the story progresses, it becomes apparent that Shahryār really doesn't share the grandiose megalomania of his alternate self, and instead, the King serves as a ally for Tom and Sonic in his quest to thwart Erazor Djinn.
- King Shahryar is based on the real King that was told in the story of the Arabian Nights.
- This is the first character from the Arabian Night book that is a doublegänger to someone in Sonic Pokémon's world.
- His artwork is similar to Eggman Nega.
- Though Shahra states that the king created The Arabian Nights, it is a collection of Arab folk tales connected by a central story. King Shahryar's brother's wife was secretly seeing another man. After she was put to death, the king came to believe that all women were evil, and began to marry one, kill her, and marry another the next day until all women were exterminated. Shahryar's visor's daughter, Scheherazade, wanted to put an end to the senseless killing. To do this, she persuaded her father to give her to the king, allowing her to stall him each night with stories (such as "Aladin", "Sinbad the Sailor and Sinbad the Porter", and "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves".) Scheherazade managed to convince the king that women were not evil, and (as most western "fairy tales" end) they married and lived happily ever after.